About our organization
IDHC provides programs focusing on diabetes education, prevention, and management in Indigenous communities in Ontario, both on and off-reserve — serving First nation, Métis, and Inuit communities.
Facilitating community capacity-building, building upon traditional strengths and supporting community-driven programming has been a hallmark of the work of IDHC for the past 20 years.
In collaboration with 100-plus partners, the IDHC team works to:
- Develop and distribute culturally-appropriate education, promotion and prevention resources based on community needs
- Support access to treatment and care options
- Coordinate services
- Identify local and regional service needs related to diabetes
- Share relevant diabetes research
- Act as a resource for other health and education service providers