April 28, 2023
- Wear clean socks every day
- Keep your feet warm by wearing socks in shoes and slippers, avoid heating pads and hot water on feet
- Keep your feet dry, choosing socks with mostly cotton or a moisture wicking material
- Wear socks with no in-seams, holes or mends
- Socks should not leave marks on skin or have tight elastic bands
- Choose socks that fit comfortably, are light coloured, that do not have a top elastic band and any seams on the outside
A good diabetes sock should leave your feet feeling good when you take them off at the end of the day.